Old 03-07-08, 11:14 PM
Cycle-clops
Master Control Program

Bikes: Devinci

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We're going to yell at you?: I got yelled at and it feels like crap :(.

So this is my first (of many I hope) year of track racing (racing of any type actually) and I love it but some people are just too serious.

I decided to partake in an "Unknown Distance" race at the velodrome. For most of the race I was hanging out at the back just chilling and trying to get comfortable with the whole racing thing. About 14 laps in I said the heck with it and hammered around the group and did a solo break away off the front just for fun. I knew there was no way I could keep up with the final sprint and the group laughingly let me go off on my own for a lap or 2.

Then.....DING...the bell rings! Oh ****! Now I can either drop the hammer, stay low, and get swallowed up by a sprint, or just get the hell out of the way and let the faster guys do there thing. I decided to get out of the way. Unfortunately my solo breakaway was not a solo. Another rider was sucking my wheel and was in the process of coming around. I cut him off badly. He didn't go down (thank god) but he would have easily won the race. He let loose a blue streak of curse words that I'm pretty sure everyone heard. Then after we got off the track I got another loud lecture about how I "cost him the race". This is a C/Novice race. No points, no prizes, no fee, race. Then I had to sit there and watch him go off and rant to everyone else at the track about what I did. Yeah, I felt like crap. In his defense he did come back to me and apologize for having a "hissy fit" and I gave him a handshake but I had to leave. I was signed up for a few more races but I was just too embarassed. I'll be back next week though!

Thanks for reading, ranting makes me feel better!