Old 03-08-08, 12:05 PM
bmike
Bye Bye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rowan
To suggest that people would ride a 1200 on their own within the 90-hour limit is a bit disingenuous.
yeah, but that is what it is really about, no? self reliant, self supported, long distance rides. officially, i think the fine print on most rides is that you are to assume you are on you're own ride when you are out there - you just happen to be out there with other people doing the same route at the same times as you are.

i guess i can't get my head around complaining about the cost (and not picking with you, but in general) - yet still wanting to have an organized 'ride' - organizers probably make little to no $$ on this. folks should choose events that suit them - if its fully catered - don't go, or pressure the organizer for a different option.

sorry you're BMB sucked. it was the end of a run for them - perhaps they were just done with it and dropped the ball.

and it is also odd that the support was so horrible - i emailed about a month or more prior - stating that i wasn't qualified for the ride but would volunteer for support in burlington or brattleboro. (the ride went right past my office in putney, vt) - i was turned down and told that 'BMB is fully staffed and we didn't need any volunteers'. i was also told to register for one of the longer events that didn't require a SR series - which i found was a bit odd - maybe they were short on cash?

so i planned a moving day and between loading my truck i sat on the front porch of the office and watched folks go by (about 8 miles north of brattleboro). i had a good chat with some folks who were on the return leg and had eaten at the diner across the street - remarkable energy and spirits for where they were in the ride.