frankstoneline
stay free.

Bikes: EAI Bare Knuckle, 1980's Ross Signature 292s 12 speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by giant rules!!!
I want a road bike, but, I dont have a lot of money to spend and I want something new. I got to thinking on what i should get and I thought about a SS or a fixed gear. I went to one of my LBS's and looked at the specialized langster and I thought it was a good price at $640ish. What do you guys think I should do?
A langster wouldnt be MY pick for a ss/fg whip, I dont much like the sloping top tube and they ride a little loose and sloppy for my taste. For about the same cost you could look into something from IRO, the Mark V is really nice, and the angus is nice if you prefer a more classic frame though its a bit more, around 650 I think. Another option is a Bianchi pista, I think those are about 600 and are a very popular choice. any of the bikes direct bikes are in your price range and would leave you some serious change to upgrade parts with, the kilo tt being the crowd favorite at about 350. Schwinn madisons are out in 08 at about 550 and look like solid rides...I'm sure I've forgotten something, but those are some suggestions and my opinion regarding the langster.