Old 03-08-08, 07:27 PM
x136 
phony collective progress

Bikes: http://velospace.org/user/36663

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
April Twenty Observed International Oddball Ride, April 12!

UPDATE! (See more here.)

Place:
CHANGE OF PLANS: AT&T PARK! On the East side, by the docks. The Ferry Building, San Francisco.
Date:
Saturday, April 12, 2008.
Time:
Rolling out at 10am-ish.
Ride:
Bring your out-of-the-ordinary bike for a fun ride around San Francisco. Recumbents, folders, tandems, cruisers, fixed-gears, hybrids, unicycles, tallbikes, hoverbikes, trikes, fully-loaded commuters/tourers, and whatever else you have that you wouldn't normally bring to a group ride! (If you only have one bike, well, shame on you. But I guess it'll do.)
Route:
The route is of Pete's (taxi777) choosing. He promises flat terrain and food. What more do you want?
Who:
alainp (?) (plus family?)
bentpebbles
BlastRadius (plus family?)
Bostic
Gee3 (?)
Goatbiker
msincredible
mtnwalker
Pheard (?)
SanJoseBob
scottmorrison99 (?)
SesameCrunch
Siu Blue Wind
spingineer
steelblue
sweetnsourbkr (plus Lisa)
taxi777
uspspro
x136
zorrov999 (plus one)

Anyone else interested? Solidified plans? Can't make it? Speak up! Flakers will be fined!
I've been thinking lately that it might be fun to go on a ride where everyone brings their "other" bike. You know, the road-tired mountain bike, the hybrid, the cruiser, the decked-out commuter, the folder, the recumbent, the fixed-gear, the "etc".

Just bring what ya got, go for a fun ride, and make a day of it. Big on the social, somewhat less on the hammering.

Sound interesting to anyone? Any thoughts? I have no time frame in mind, nor a route. Just an idea.