Old 03-09-08, 08:01 AM
charly17201

Bikes: RANS Formula LE, Giant Escape 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by calhoun1
hmmm, yea, from everything I have read, fasting only lowers your metabolism and causes you to gain weight when you eat...
I use fasting for 'cleansing' my body. I switched to an organic diet about 2 years ago and dropped 15 pounds without trying. Cutting out sodas completely and all the added chemicals dropped the weight and my blood pressure dropped like a rock (195/100 to 113/75 in a couple weeks). Of course, I was having problems with my blood pressure and drugs were not working, which was why I tried it.

You don't have to be a fanatic about organic either (I'm not, which is why I fast from time to time). Remember, moderation is the key in all things.

Where I think people may gain weight after fasting is that they go hog-wild as soon as they start eating again (and most DON'T exercise). Never fast for more than 72 hours! And, as you are young, 24-36 hours would probably be smarter.

Do some real research, check out legit medical studies and talk to your doctor before fasting though. Make sure that it won't have any negative affects.