FatguyRacer
Mmmmm Donuts!

Bikes: 1998 IF Crown Jewel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigSean
The best part about training with the power meter is my numbers continue to increase every couple of weeks. Partly because I had a rough winter and didnt get steady training, but also because now Im on a schedule and all my rides are monitored by the power meter. My rides are much more intense now, and the recovery rides are much mellower. Next week is a rest week, right now Im feeling a bit worked as the books all say you should be going into week three. I also did my first VO2 workouts last week, they are very painful and tiring.
I like how that works out. I just did 3 straigt weeks with only one day off and after yesterdays 2 hr roller session I was ready to quit. After the meter test, i did some 1 min maximal efforts in the 2nd hour. I got thru 3 1/2. The goal was to do as many as I could over the course of a 1/2 hr with 5 min rest periods between them. On the forth one, the body was willing but the mind was weak. Resulting analysis of the data showed that i could have done it had I had the will to endure the pain. The graph showed that every interval was progressivly stronger and faster. Did you know you can crank out close to 40 mph on rollers?

'09 Cannondale CAAD9 - Team Latitude/ABRT Special.
'04 Lemond Victorie Ti
'98 IF Crown Jewel (dead)
'92 Trek2100 (TT)
'50 something Gino Bartali (fixer)
'02 Ducati ST4s (Moto-Ref mount)

My Blog