View Single Post
Old 03-10-08, 05:12 PM
graywolf

Bikes: Bianchi hybrid. Dunelt 3-sp. Raleigh basket case. Wanting a Roadster.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Some photos

The bottle generator mounted on the frame. This is supposedly a 12 volt 6 watt unit. You will notice that it mounts on the wrong side for us in the USA. However they do give you a separate clamp for the tail light so you can mount it on the other side of the frame. I have not decided what to do about that yet.

A view of the head light. I mounted the bracket upside down so the light would be lower and not cast a shadow of the cables.

Head on view. Shows the double bulb arrangement. The main bulb seems to be an automobile bulb, the top low beam bulb looks like a flash light bulb. I wonder why they did it that way?

If I had realized it mounted on the right side of the bicycle I would most likely not have bought it. My options for mounting the tail light are to enlarge the hole on its mount and mount it to the generator bracket like the old SA units, to mount it on the other side seat stay, or to leave it off and put on a LED tail light. I most likely will put it on the generator bracket (After all it is an English bike ).

As to avoiding gouging the paint, I would most likely use some black 24ga speaker zip cord. Another thing I might do in the future is add a battery pack to run the lights when not moving.

Last edited by graywolf; 12-27-08 at 10:39 AM.