Thread: Swift folders
View Single Post
Old 03-10-08, 11:33 PM
jur

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
A fellow commuter got a Swift lesson today... I was riding to work on my Swift, briskly, when this chap, shaved legs and full lycra on a MTB with slicks comes powering by. I sing out, "Is it OK if I suck wheel?" He mumbles, "Yes, OK by me..." and powers on. I fall into his slipstream, enjoying the ride. Only, this chap thought folders/small wheels aren't serious bikes, so after a minute or so he looks back, and surprised to see this grey chap with billowing shorts and dorky shirt actually sticking to his wheel, he piles on more power. So do I. Occasionally I see him looking at his heart rate monitor. He glances back again, this small wheeled bike is still there! More power! This is getting enjoyable! A nice fast ride to work and not much to do!

After 5 minutes or so I accelerate past him, murmering, "My turn for a pull!" I didn't have my speedo mounted, so I just went, but must have upped the pace inadvertently because in my mirror I saw the guy falling behind. I slowed down some and settle into a nice pace, but still I saw the chap struggling in my wake.

Another 5 minutes and I turn off, signalling, he slows down too, says, "Wow these folding bikes fly, at least when you're on them!"

My Swift, my secret weapon...

Last edited by jur; 03-10-08 at 11:39 PM.