Old 09-22-04, 09:34 AM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ottodog
Getting a 105 triple front setup correctly does take some work.
FWIW: Shimano's downloadable (.pdf) instructions for adjustment and trimming of triple chainring front derailleurs: http://bike.shimano.com/product_imag...FD_6500_SI.pdf

Originally Posted by ottodog
It looks like the Cannondale my be in for a Campy upgrade. Only problem is that it's being relegated to a winter training bike, and I hate the spend the $$ on it. Is there such a thing as an inexpensive Campy upgrade ?? I'm sure those two words have never been in the same sentence before, but thought I'd ask. Maybe some used parts.
If you are familiar with newsgroups, head to: rec.bicycles.marketplace. Be sure search on "Camp" in the subject line to filter out all the other non-Campy / Campagnolo entries. If you don't see anything that you're looking for you can lurk and wait for previously owned components to come up for sale or post a "wanted to buy" ad. With Campy, you can obviously buy an older pair of 8 or 9 speed levers and upgrade the right-hand lever's shift cams to 9 or 10 speed via parts available from BranfordBike.com or other authorized Campy retailers.