View Single Post
Old 03-12-08, 10:29 AM
maddmaxx 
Boomer

Bikes: Diamondback Clarity II frame homebuilt.

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16098 Post(s)
Liked 1,457 Times in 1,064 Posts
Originally Posted by supton
They do have last years Pilot 1.2, which I'll look at too, now that I realize they have it. Tiagra drivetrain, not too much higher--but doesn't appear marked down yet. Will look at 'em all.

Durability may be good, but it's hard to look past all the negative comments here about Sora--which should mean 2200 is even less desirable. I might just let myself get sucked into the "for only a few hundred more" type of shopping.
Ride it first and let your own mind make the decision. There are a lot of quiet and happy Sora users out there to counterbalance the rather vocal critics.

For all practical purposes, 2200 is the equivalent of the 8 speed Sora that has been sold for years. Shimano decided to move the Sora family up into the 9 speed range to help fill the void left when 105 and up moved to 10 speed. When set up properly it works fine. The group is somewhat heavy for purists as its intended purpose is sport riding and much of the group uses steel where other groups use aluminium (chainrings for one)