View Single Post
Old 03-12-08, 01:11 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
With all due respect to every one of you awesome C&V'ers, I loved the bike the way it was built, but it doesn't fit my needs for a training/backup race bike with the superbe stuff on it. The 52/42 is a little extreme gearing for hill rides and the spacing doesn't work out well with a 13-28 cassette or the like. I have to admit that I'd love to put the superbe brakes on there because, face it, they'd look a lot better AND be lighter than the centaur brakes. However, they don't work as well as dual pivots and having better brakes is more important to me than having lighter brakes.

How I wish that the campy brakes looked that sweet though

I love the parts and I love the frame, but the superbe parts just weren't what I needed on this build. I can't have downtube shifters and a 52/42 on this bike because I can't handle that gearing. It works fine.

If you like the stuff, buy it, it's for sale

I posted this question here because a bunch of the regulars on this forum do put the newer campy parts on some nice older frames and I thought that the mix and match componentry, old and new, would have some people interested in either seeing what was going on and or helping out, which has been the case.

Thanks for all your help.

Like I said, I'm going to try tightening the chainring bolts and see how that works out. It could decrease the spacing difference if the bolts worked themselves loose. I hope it works!