View Single Post
Old 03-12-08, 06:32 PM
vertical bob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sea to Summit May 17

Got my entry form from Teen Challenge today for S2S. This is a real charity ride sponsored by Teen Challenge , a teen recovery center in Ventura. This is their only fund raiser of the year so support is greatly appreciated. The ride is from just out side of Ventura to Mt. Pinos. 87 miles 12k climbing. Every cent of the money collected goes to one of the participating charities, your choice. This is a very difficult ride but the most rewarding , for me. All the rest stops are manned by people from the charities, usually throngs of chearing teenagers in recovery. Believe me they are what make this ride worthwhile. That and it's just a great ride through some seldom traveled roads and pretty country. It's a one way route so ,unless you are Thompson, you need to arrange for a ride home. There is no web site that I am aware of but the phone contacts are Norm Hudson 805-6857383, or Teen Challenge at 805-648-3295. Or I could fax you a reg. form. The reg. fee is $30 sent in with the reg. and a minimum donation of $30 as well. For me, this is the hardest, but most gratifying ride I do each year.