View Single Post
Old 04-12-02, 03:19 PM
Gavin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cristina Lake in B.C. Their are unlimited places to ride here in the Kootney's. There are a million logging roads. Tones of trail sysytems that have been kept up by government grants, and a lot of trails that have been maintained and built up by bikers. A lot of ski hills here in the kootneys have also started running their lifts in the summer for those that enjoy downhill. Their are also a few long distance trails like the Trans Canada trail, Dewdney Trail, and the KVR ( Kettle Valey Railroad). The railroads have just recently opened up due to CPR pulling up all their old Routs. I am taking a trip this summer on the KVR it will be around 500 km. It runs through a lot of the back country of B.C. A lot of municipalities have started to miantain the the old railroad grades that run through their towns and the rout is becoming quite popular with people coming from all over the world to ride it. THe trail runs over many passes through maney old rock tunnels and over some of the highest train trecels in North America. This is my first year getting into cycling and I think it will be a fun first trip. If anybody wishes to check out the rout it is on a web site. I will post it on the reply right after this one, I have to find it.