Old 03-14-08, 07:28 AM
save_alkaline

Bikes: Mercier Kilo TT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my official introduction

i've finally joined your ranks. i'm an avid cyclist and have a couple of fixed gear bikes but i've been wanting a MTB bike for years to cruise around on some trails and get a little dirty. i finally picked up an Iron Horse Maverick 5.5. I just took delivery yesterday as a matter of fact. it's been raining and snowing here and everything is thoroughly drenched so it will be a little while before i can get on some trails but i really can't wait to finally do so. anyway, here's a few pics of the new ride if anyone cares.

oh and let me put in a good word for performance bike. i buy little things there from time to time (they don't have much for FG bikes) but they're the closest Iron Horse dealer for me so I went there looking for this bike. The guys who work there were very friendly and helpful. I expected them to try to up-sell me on a nicer bike but this one was as much as i wanted to spend as a newbie. they helped a ton and even took the liberty of finding the color i wanted from another store and having it delivered. when they received it and assembled it, the rear derailler was apparently a little loose so they pulled another one off one of the other bikes and put it on mine just to make sure it had no problems. so thanks to performance bike.

now a couple pics.

my first mod was removing those stupid reflectors, lol.

here's a better look at the paint