View Single Post
Old 03-14-08, 08:55 PM
Pine Cone

Bikes: 2-many...2 road bikes, 2 fixed wheels, 3 tandems, 2 recumbents, 2 cyclecross, 3 mtb, 4 folders

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by psykoocycle
JUR: congrats on the bike... err... wife's bike...

I've got to stop going to this forum... damn that bike looks nice! 24lbs is impressive indeed...
Tell me about it. I must be too weak willed... Here is what my new Reach looks like!

It looks like the same frame that Jur bought. Initial impressions are that it is a pretty awesome bike, folder or not. Only one ride for about 1.5 hours, so this is very preliminary.

It is pretty much stock for now, all I have done is use some Shimano SPD pedals in place of the stock pedals. I also added some reflective tape, something I do on all my bikes. I am waiting on fenders, pump, water bottle and cage, etc. which I hoped would arrive today, so maybe Monday they will get here. I don't see the need for any more equipment changes in the near future, but I got a pair of Schwalbe Stelvios in case I want to swap out the Kenda knobbies.

Bought from Black Dog Bicycles on Lopez Island here in Washington. A great transaction, good prices and I would recommend you check them out. I plan on doing business with then again.

The bike does not feel like a folder, it's just a very nice bike. Feels much more solid than folders with stemposts. Nice low gearing which I need since I am winter-weak right now. It actually fits me with seatpost room to spare, and at a bit over 6 feet tall. I got the green Birdy elastomer for the rear shock, but I am using the stock one for now. I am about 230 pounds at the moment, and the shock doesn't seem to bottom-out like the Downtube Mini shock. Like I said earlier, these are first impressions, and I will follow up after more miles and varied road conditions.

I don't think there is any doubt this one is a keeper.