Old 03-15-08, 09:13 AM
Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I'm sorry Flip, but 2,000 miles is barely enough to break in a wheel. Sure 32 spokes can be crap, I've had them. A rider needs a good builder. I've paid $100 for a build that didn't last 40 miles at a pro shop. Started my own and now have 13,000 miles with no problems.

23 centuries in a year, 10,000 ft climbs caused my 24 spoke wheels to last only 7 months. I guess it is only your 2 cents that your bike takes alot of abuse but like you said, it's your 2 cents. Mine would be that your bike hasn't even been on the road yet. I've done 4,000-7,000 miles every year for the last 10 years. So my 2 cents is 2,000 miles on a set of wheels isn't worth writing a review for wheel durability.

I've got about 45,000 miles and about 35 centuries under my belt so I think my 2 cents comes from experience. Where does your 2 cents come from?

To the OP, go ahead and throw your money away on low count spokes! You will be much faster and they will last for years of enjoyment! Yeah right!

BTW, don't think I am or upset, or don't get upset, just a good ol debate. Curious as to where you get your info, reason, or experience.