View Single Post
Old 03-16-08, 10:02 AM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Way to go in Dallas. Those are great pics. I hope that parade riding becomes a more and more popular way to have fun on bikes. There were about 7 cyclists in this years St. Patrick's Day parade here in Little Rock. Several on tall bikes. My Bacchetta Giro was festooned with green garlands. I also saw a unicyclist and something similar to a rhodes car.

And riding it back home after the parade, I was surprised at how many people recognized me from the parade.

I've ridden in 3 parades since December. It's fun. There are no motorists telling you to get off the street and it projects a positive image of bicycling. Some will just ride along waving to the crowd, some weave and do circles in the street, some stop to hand out candy, or temporary tattoos.

Its easy to join for most parades. Do a little googling and find their website and sign up. And after your first year, many of the parade organizers will contact you just to make sure you will be there again.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Last edited by Artkansas; 03-16-08 at 10:09 AM.