View Single Post
Old 03-16-08, 05:19 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by bdinger
Here's something weird.. try eating MORE.

Seriously, I know it seems counter-productive, but there are times when I'm going all-out for a week, my calories are spot on, water intake is perfect but I lose next to nothing. I get completely frustrated, obviously, but then I switch up the diet. And it works - suddenly a massive loss. Obviously vary your technique based upon results, as it may not be that easy for you.

The reasoning is simple, the body needs fuel. When you are expending a great amount, you also need to be putting some in or it goes into "starvation mode". Hell, I remember one week when on my 800 calorie/day liquid diet that I didn't lose a thing. I was probably in the high 400's at that point, and working out every other day until I collapsed - but no dice. I added in some calories and get this - lost a ton the next couple weeks.

That's my suggestion, at least. Add in some calories of good stuff (proteins, grains and "good" fats) then see what happens!
+1. Heck, +500 from Big Ben. Excellent advice, as always.

Ben, ever read Heft on Wheels? The author starves himself from 250 to 175 in three months, and when he eventually bonks, he starts feeding himself excessively to fuel his weight loss. I don't suggest this is a wise or healthy method to lose weight, but it does seem to be an extreme variation of your suggestion.