DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Passed by 71yo on 10 spd Wearing Bikini

This is a 50+ Thread

Riding up the trail at a pretty good clip, I heard an old fashioned bell - not the "ting" of a current bell but the r-r-r-ing of a 1950's bell.

So passing me was a guy wearing only a bikini brief and biking shoes, going like heck on a 1950's 10 speed road bike! No padding, no chamois, no udder buttter. Just him, his black bikini brief and the saddle. The temp was about 67 degrees and it was windy.

I shouted to him as he passd, "Didn't I meet you last winter? Aren't you the guy from Franktown who is from England?" I have seen him in his bikini before, but this was the first time for a chat!

He slowed a bit so I could keep up with him, and we chatted a bit.

His name is John, he is 71yo, and he loves to ride and rebuild, and collect classic and vintage bikes. He rides about 12,000 miles per year, and typically rides 40 miles in a day. He used to be a pro bike racer.

He is going to Boston in October for a gathering of the US chapter of an English Bike club, and they will bike from pub to pub, having a jolly good time!

I gave him the Bikeforums.net URL, and he may join us.

He buys a lot of parts on EBay and builds bikes all the time. The one he was riding was a classic English bike from the 50's, although I can't remember the model. Had one of the derailleur shifters on the seat tube.

What an interesting time. We rode together several miles, and then we stopped at the gate and talked about 15 more minutes. He headed his way and I headed mine.

MORAL: YOU DON'T NEED A FANCY BIKE AND EXPENSIVE BIKING CLOTHES TO BE A GREAT RIDER!