Old 03-17-08, 01:28 PM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
I usually ride 5 to 6 days a week, pretty much year round.

Starting in January, I hit the trainer and/or spinning classes and/or stat bikes in the gym, and try to do an hour a day 5 to 6 days a week. Some years I add weightlifting, this year I added rowing. I row for about 20 minutes 2 times a week. I also walk. Some years I will walk/jog on the treadmill for 30-60 minutes 3 or4 times a week, this year my commute is a 40 minute walk 5 times a week.

Starting around mid-March I begin ramping up the distances on the bicycle, and usually start dropping off some of the other stuff. By early May, I'm doing centuries and brevets just about every weekend pretty much until early September, and still doing shorter rides (1-3 hours) during the week.

I taper off a bit in September, a bit more in October, a bit more in November, and December is usually a very light month for me in terms of exercise. And then it starts all over again in January.

Oh yes, just to add to the motivation, many years I participate in the Century-A-Month challenge. I didn't last year, but I am again this year. This means I do at least one century (or longer ride), outside, every month throughout the year. It's challenging in January, February, November, and December in this part of the world, but it keeps me training!