Old 03-18-08, 07:53 AM
thaetviking

Bikes: Cannondale Furio Specialized Allez Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bautieri
So what exactly are your goals for these supplements? Are you looking for general wellness, muscle bulk, or weight loss? Some combination of the three?

Add a good multivitamin and your on the right track for general wellness.

Whey protein and Creatine for muscle bulk taken immediately after your workout.

Since the banning of Speed and Ephedra (in the US) weight loss supplements have been somewhat moot. I have heard good things about DREN but never really looked into it, supposedly its an appetite suppressant. For the most part weight loss supplements are a waste of money, any elevation to your metabolism they may claim could also be attained by a brief cardio workout.

Bau
Right now I am looking for wellness and weight loss. I get most of the bulk I am searching for from my strength training program. I have taken soy protein shakes post work out but I just kind of quit doing that for no paticular reason. It may come back into my diet again. It is more of a motivation thing. I have stayed away from creatine because I have no interest in it. I do not want the body builder look. I am just looking to get fit and toned.

For me it is not appetite suppression but keeping me from eating because I am bored. I am just terrible about that. Sugar is also my downfall. Yeah the Ephedra thing came some from some people taking way to much because they wanted results without work. Being overweight and taking a lot of something that speeds up the heart is not a good thing.