Thread: Supplements
View Single Post
Old 03-18-08, 08:59 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by thaetviking
No I have read every post hear. You mention the other post after talking about inflamation in a different paragraph. Making it easy for someone to think you are talking about someone elses argument.

No I do not have poor reading comprehension. I have read Beowulf in Old English.

Is the my statement a cop out. Well I tell you what. When your attitude makes you as successful as this guy http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/charles.htm when it comes to training athletes then I will stop taking what he suggest and listen to you. Do you think he is week? How about the pro and elite amature athletes he has trained? He has his athletes take a number of supplements to help them achieve their goals. I am sure Lance took tons of supplements too.

If I take something that helps to get my body in better shape and does not harm it while doing so then do not worry about it. It sounds like you already have all the answers so there is no need for you to post here on this thread. You have lost your weight your way. Good for you. The same thing does not work for everyone.
Lance Armstrong was, and possibly is, on the board of directors of New Sun Nutrition,

"a developer and distributor of nutritional supplements, healthy snacks and beverages that is pioneering the development of flavonoid antioxidant health solutions to improve consumer health and wellness.

"The company’s product portfolio includes FRS® health drink, a scientifically formulated supplement designed to boost energy, enhance performance and neutralize free radicals before they can cause cellular damage. FRS, which stands for the scientific term Free Radical Scavenger, contains a patented combination of flavonoid antioxidants, essential vitamins and metabolic enhancers. The flavonoids are quercetin, an antioxidant typically found in the skins of apples, onions and red grapes, as well as catechins extracted from green tea."

This, of course, doesn't mean Mr. Armstrong used supplements during his racing career, but it implies he doesn't disapprove of them.