Thread: Supplements
View Single Post
Old 03-18-08, 09:48 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by BigUgly
Not worked up about it. Just a personal philospy I guess. I am from the school of whatever floats your boat and felt Beanz was out on an island in this thread and was kind of thinking the way he was so I chimed in. The Glucosamine has peaked my interest however. I have heard about it but have not researched it. In my younger days I used to play Volleyball pretty regularly and my knees have taken a beating over the years which is another reason I have taken up cycling. The more I ride the better my knees feel. I have started playing volleyball again but usually have to stop because my knees start hurting(Patellar Tendonitus). Also, when walking down steps I can hear a crunchiness sound in my left knee. Would the Glucosamine cure the crunchiness I am hearing?

(Geez, I folded rather quickly, am I joining the Dark Side?)
Tom Stormcrowe is the expert, so I hope he'll give a better description. But my understanding is that glucosamine helps with cartilege loss in the joints. It won't give you back all you lost, but it helps. "People over 35 with knee issues should baste themselves in the stuff," according to Andy Pruitt of the Center for Sports Medicine in Boulder, Colorado.

I've been using it for about six months now, and my knees feel better than they have in years. But then again all I do is talk and whine anyway.

See a doctor about the 'crunching.' It sounds serious.