Old 03-18-08, 10:33 AM
redspoke

Bikes: Hyphy-Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbull13
I have just started riding from Woodland (work) to Natomas (home). My route is road 102 to Davis, then Covell to road 32, across the Causway, through West Sac, across the Tower Bridge, through Old Sac and onto the ARBT. I love it except for one problem. I have not found an easy way to link the Tower Bridge and ARBT. It seems I have to ride over some combination of cobbles, wood plankes and dirt in Old Sac no matter which way I try to get to the ARBT. (Also, the left turn from the Tower Bridge into Old Sac is a pain) Is there an easier way that I am missing? (Or am I just being a wimp for complaining about the dirt etc.)

Again, I love the ride, but would love it even more if I could figure out the Old Sac part. I tried the I street bridge yesterday...no fun. I did however end up in the St. Patricks Day Parade in Old Sac which was a lot of fun

Josh
That little piece of Paris-Roubaix is hard to avoid if you're coming from the Tower Bridge. You can ride around Old Sac but that intersection at J and 3rd by the Holiday Inn is pretty sketchy. You do have to ride through the grit for about 100 yards (no getting around that)... Probably walking your bike those two blocks IS the easiest way. I just like to true my wheels frequently.

How was the SPDP yesterday? I wanted to take the kids but my daughter had her induction ceremony into Girl Scouts last night.