Old 03-18-08, 02:29 PM
jeffremer

Bikes: 2006 Lemond Etape 105/Tiagra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
As for Zamora, OMG, that wind was holy hell. I was also in the 4s. My first RR. Only done crits before. I bet we were in a group together at least once. I'm on Team City (Red, black, and white kit) and I have a silver Trek.
Probably, I remember a few red/black kits . I'm on Roaring Mouse Cycles, (Yellow/Black), I was on a black Beyond Fab Think w/ Record. I was the smallest of the RMC crew. One of our guys got 8th.

I was really concerned about the climbing and figured that I'd have an advantage over the skinny guys in the wind. As it turned out, the climbing wasn't the problem, it was the crosswind that just killed me.
I wasn't least bit concerned about the course, but same here, the wind threw me around like a rag doll. Especially on the stretch before the last corner and along the frontage road.

Are you doing Copperopolis?
Sitting out for Copperopolis - I'm small and kind of skinny but can't climb for dick, yet. We'll have a decent crew there though. I'd watch out for ZTeaM, they brought their A game to Zamora.

I'll be racing the track that day. For the road I'm doing Brisbane next. Then I'm getting married the weekend of Martinez Bayfront but I'll be back for Madera.