Old 03-19-08, 11:59 AM
kemmer
*****es love tarck

Bikes: so many

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used to work for Panasonic and they flew me to Japan for training 3 years ago. I had them book my flight a week early so I could hang out and see the sites. I was by myself for a couple days, and then I met up with another co-worker for the remainder of my extra week. We stayed in a Hostel for $20 bucks a day, drank beer from vending machines and ate noodles and fruit most of the time. We only ate out when we were too far from the hostel to go back and cook, and even then some of the time we just ate fruit and crackers and stuff. Public transit is cheap and I rented a bike for something silly like $5 a week. I think I only spent $400 or so on everything including Sumo, which was like $60 alone. If you break it down, my mortgage costs me almost that much a week, so it was incredibly cheap. For the week that I was working, I got to stay in a $$$ hotel and they paid me a daily stipend for food (something crazy like $90 a day). I kept eating fruit, veggies and noodles and eating out only when the company way paying and I actually made money on the trip, on top of my salary.