Old 03-20-08, 03:52 PM
swnenders

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey everyone. Digging up an old thread here. . .

So I'm in the area now, and have made arrangements to get a bike tonight. I'll be here over the weekend and all of next week.

Still looking for some advice on routes. I've found some good looking stuff up in the mountains/desert near where I'm staying, but I'd still like to find something "epic" for over the weekend. As a reminder, I'm in the high desert just northeast of LA, more or less near Victorville/Apple Valley. I'm looking for something that involves awesome views, mountains, a beach, whatever.

Actually, since I already have some routes in the mountains, are there any good routes that stop/start/go near any cool beaches? Looking on Google maps, it looks like the coast is pretty heavily developed, so I'm not too eager to just pick a beach and try to ride to it without knowing how safe/traffic heavy/whatever it'll be.

Anyways, let me know if anyone has input. I heard a rumor from someone that there was a rec path from Corona to the beach that was only open to bikes and peds. How can I find this path? Is it worth riding?

Thanks again for all the great help so far.