Old 03-20-08, 04:42 PM
v1k1ng1001
Gorntastic!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by andrelam
Western NY does have two advantages over the Soutern part of the USA.
1. You can shovel snow, and generally it doesn't cause much damage (except for the roads), but I'll take that instead of the risk of huricanes or tornados. By the time any huricane makes it up the country all we get is a little wind and a possibly lot of rain. My in-laws have had multiple huricanes pass over their houses in the last decade in Florida. I also remember living in Tulsa OK when I was younger for a year. Tornado warnings are SCARRY. I've never been scarred by a snow storm... Both huricanes and tornados are things I am perfectly willing to trade for 100+ inches of snow, and occasionally some single digit (F) riding temperaturs. I have been able to get through most of the winter without a car. I've only had to take the car about a dozen times due to the weather this winter.

2. You Spring and Fall may be "perfect," but our Summers tend to be milder with temps maxing out right around 92F. I've been to TX and FL in the Summer. Those areas get to be super hot and depending on how close you are to the water, super humid as well.

We had snow last night, but it only dropped an inch or so. The roads were perfectly clear for riding by the morning commute. I would not complain if the temps managed to get out of the 30's for a while. Winter is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Happy riding,
André
Yeah, I grew up in North Dakota so I know what you're saying. Just wanted to rub it in.