bragi
bragi

Bikes: LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gerv
There's a lot of hypocrisy out there, but I would advise most folks on this forum to be careful about throwing the first stone. For myself, I run around on my bike all year, cut down on my household CO2 emissions, then take a plane trip to Mexico... which negates all the preceding. And before you rant on my case, please remember that there are a lot of ways for a North American to be hypocritical. So there!
It is, in fact, true that your plane trip possibly negates most if not all of your other efforts, but at least you're doing something. And let's not forget the cooling effects of jet contrails: according to a friend of mine who works for NASA, jet contrails may help create more clouds, which could be a help in preventing some warming from happening. So, in a sense, your jaunts to Mexico are helping to save the earth. Go ahead, fly with reckless abandon! Just be sure to guzzle organic margharitas (sp) while you're down there.

Of course, we could do even more for the environment by staying home in cold, totally dark rooms, eating locally-grown turnips without any spices, not even riding bikes, because, after all, they use resources, too, but at some point you have to be reasonable and enjoy the fruits of the industrial revolution.