View Single Post
Old 03-23-08, 10:35 PM
dynodonn 
Banned

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1268 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 67 Posts
I changed out the treaded tires on my hybrids to 25mm dual compound slicks, since my commute consists of mostly smooth paved roads. There's a considerable difference in rolling resistance and weight over the OE hybrid tires, making for quicker and easier commutes. The softer compound side tread makes for more grip in either wet or dry weather lessening the chance of a crash while cornering, but as I stated in another thread, the softer compound side tread makes for the ablity to pinch shoot small pebbles to a considerable distance and force. Just today, on our weekend family ride, the wife plunked one of our local pigeons at 10 yards,(no major harm done being that they are tough birds) and then later on in the ride,the daughter pinch shoots a pebble and hits me in the leg while riding side by side, as we are still laughing about that incident, the wife again returns a volley for me,(I'm riding the guest hybrid with 35mm OE tires) and nails the daughter in the foot. The only thing hurting after our weekend ride was our sides from laughter.

Last edited by dynodonn; 03-23-08 at 10:48 PM.