Old 04-12-01, 04:35 PM
Hunter
NOT a weight weenie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Michael,
First off let me say most of the zoning laws in the US are set up according to location of commercial buisnesses, and residential housing. They are for the most part voted on by the population in a given area. They can also be applied for. Yes they do change from town to town for not everyone agrees with zoning restrictions from town to town or city to city. As far as "smart development" I do not agree with this principal. In the US there would be alot of people probably interested in this. It is good from the aspect of promoting cycling, but that is all. I am sorry for those who have to read yet another one of my rants but I do not support environmental green agendas! The US is far bigger than England and if I want to live 140 miles from work I can. I am not a tree hugger as many of you know. I also do not support any UN directed initiative or idea on urban sprawl the environment or anything else that is influenced by them. I agree that may parts of the US are not cycling freindly but we dont need a green agenda to straighten it out. If it is a opinion of yours or something that goes on in England remember this, England is not the US! Alot could be said for "dumb legislation" all over this planet.

Last edited by Hunter; 04-12-01 at 04:51 PM.