Old 09-27-04, 06:53 AM
SAB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the detailed reply! I asked my LBS about this and of course they were completely clueless and looked at me like I was crazy... They also couldn't find an '04 Axis in my size so now I'm waiting for my '05 to come in. I've been mulling over this and had been thinking exactly along those same lines - I have already purchased the seat-binder cable hanger. I just wasn't sure how to get the cable back there. Ideally, I'd like to find a seat-tube mounted cable stop, which would function just like a third top-tube mounted cable stop, except back a little farther. This way I'd have the three cables running along the top tube, as nature intended. I haven't had any luck finding such a part however (although I did see one on someone's old bike parked on the street the other day), even on loosescrews.com. They do have clamp-style top-tube mounted cable stops, but of course the top tube of the Axis ain't round back near the seat tube. After I get the bike I'll be able to figure out if I could use one of these, mouted maybe half-way back towards the seat tube, where it's still round. Then I'd run cable housing from there to the cable hanger, then to the breaks. Or, if/when I switch to linear-pull brakes I'd run housing from the cable stop directly to the brakes (via a Travel Agent brake pulley, of course). I'm not totally averse to riveting a cable stop into my frame as well...

SAB