Old 03-27-08, 08:04 AM
andrelam

Bikes: Gerry Fisher Nirvana, LeMond Buenos Aires

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Halthane
Dyad rims on ultegra hubs (Peter white Cycles) took me through several thousand miles at my heaviest weight, including an unitentional drop of nearly a foot and they are almost perfectly true. Also a wide enough rim to let you run a pretty good size tire. They are on my touring bike now, though I'm going to get a new rear with an XT or Phil hub before my trans-con next year.
<SNIP>
+1 on the workmanship from Peter White. I got a replacement front wheel from him as I was upgrading to a Shimano Generator hub. I hot the Dyad Velocity rim and it is holding up beautifully. This was my first year riding through a Buffalo Winter so the wheel gets plenty of abuse. I did need a replacement rear wheel after I kept breaking spokes. Since the rear wheel is under warrantee I've just had the LBS replace it. Once out of warrentee I'll get Peter to build me a wheel. The funny thing is that the Generator hub wheel (Ultegra bearings) actually turned smoother and the stock Bontrager wheel.

You can read all about Peter's philosphy on wheels at his site. To get a wheel you can tell him your weight, the type of riding you do, and what kind of bike it is going on and he will tell you what he thinks will hold up.

Happy riding,
André