frankstoneline
stay free.

Bikes: EAI Bare Knuckle, 1980's Ross Signature 292s 12 speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sp00ki
i wouldn't say it's a machismo thing as much as it is a having fun thing. my route to work is a little over three miles (kenso to washington square), so any time i feel someone on my wheel or see someone ahead of me, i know i can give almost a full sprint the entire way.
it's fun.
the other day, this kid and i went block for block through traffic from spring garden to chestnut street. neither of us were trying to be badass, but both of us were having fun.
when i'm on longer rides, and i'm on someone's wheel or vice versa, the idea that one of you is going to gas out first is fun. the whole bikesnobnyc bull about "stupid hipsters turning their commute into a race" is dumb. there's nothing wrong with making otherwise mundane trips into a fun time.
+1
When I ride with people on burrito runs or what have you and all the shenanigans go down, foot down at lights, stealing keys/locks/wallets etc, chasing, racing, sprinting etc I find those to be the most fun rides. The at lights footdown and stealing stuff probably isnt appropriate with strangers, but if you encounter someone else and they are down for some funsies, it isnt a big deal.