View Single Post
Old 03-27-08, 11:24 PM
Blindrage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gone clipless

I just had to throw it out there for anyone that is on the fence about going clipless... make that move. I just got back into cycling last summer when I realized just how much I needed to lose weight along with how much I enjoyed riding. Earlier this month I decided I needed to lose the 10 year old mountain bike and upgrade to a newer cyclocross bike that better matched my normal riding experience. After reading up more on clipless pedals I began to see the sense in having my foot locked to the bike where before I was scared to death of the idea.

Well on Monday I went nose first into the deep end, and I am never going to look back. I have already had the ego bruising experience of falling over in front of my GF, and the following day I fell over at a stop light. Even with those two falls I am still 100% behind the concept. It is much easier to hold my cadence on rides now, and my times and gear choices have both improved. Thanks to the improved ride dynamics I did my first 25 mile trip on Wednesday, and I plan on upping by at least 5 miles per week to hit the 50 mile goal. This is all for a clyde with exercise induced asthma and so far out of shape that I am not even sure I remember what the shape I was supposed to be. If it is round then I guess I am pretty close, but anything else is still a bit off.

So lose the fear and make that move. You will not regret it.