Senior Moment Member

Bikes: Specialized Allez Elite Double & 2008 Look 555

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone up for a group class?

UPDATE 4/8/08

Looks like June 28th is the soonest he can do the class for us.

I was thinking along the lines of a Climbing and Descending class combined with some Speed stuff since he said he would customize classes for us.

As of right now it's $70/person unless I can muster some kind of discount if there is a lot of people interested. He said a minimum of 6-7 people are needed. But if we get more he'll get us another coach so he can make sure we get enough individual attention. Judging from the response so far we'll have a decent sized class. Now we'll have to see who can make the 28th...

So who's in for June 28th?

List:
Me
kster
Ty.S (maybe)
ifox
Owner
?
?
?

Thanks!
Gary

Last year I took a Climbing and Descending class with Matt McNamara of Sterling Sports in the Palo Alto. I believe he is also on the Alto Velo team.

The class was very informative and helpful and I think people of all levels can benefit from his classes. I learned a ton of stuff and he even gave each of us individual help, and that was with about 20 people in the class. The class was worth it's weight in gold, imo! Plus, he sponsored our BF NorCal MS Waves to Wine ride by giving away a free class and a Vo2 max testing session that I raffled off to two members of the team.

This year he has a list of classes ranging from the Climbing and Descending class to a Speed Camp. I wasn't able to do any of the early season ones so I asked him if we could get a class together that he can lead later on in the season, pending his schedule.

He said that if we can get 6-7 people together he could do a class for us and tailor it to fit our needs. Currently, the cost is about $70/person, but again, it is well worth the money. And with the classes so small he can give each of us specific help and guidance. (Although I'll still ask if we can get a group discount, but I won't hold my breathe)

Here's his list of classes he does: http://www.sterlingwins.com/camps.php

So if anyone is interested in setting up a class later this year please let me know. Personally, I don't mind the Climbing and Decending class again, but the Speed Camp sounds pretty cool too.

Thanks!
Gary

(and no, I'm not associated with Sterling Sports. I'm just interested in doing a class again since I learned a lot from him and it'd be more fun riding with friends.)

Last edited by Gee3; 04-28-08 at 04:51 PM. Reason: adding info