View Single Post
Old 03-28-08, 07:47 PM
DXchulo
Upgrading my engine

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sounds like you have a fun summer ahead of you. RAINSTORM should put you in pretty good shape, so I'm sure you'll be ready for the challenge.

I can't help you much with the route aside from the obvious. If you want to avoid hills, stay as far north as possible. I assume you've seen these. I was checking out the UMCA records and I saw that David Buzzee holds one of the records. I did a couple brevets in Ohio last year, and I'm pretty sure Mr. Buzzee is affiliated with the Ohio Randonneurs. Here's their website. Bob Waddell is listed as the contact person on their website. Bob's a super nice guy and I'm sure he could point you in the right direction.

As for the wind, I'd say don't worry about it. Do whatever is easier based on what's closer to your home. If you plan to go West-East based on winds and the wind is blowing East-West (it happens), you'll be super demoralized. I would, at least. I'd say prepare your mind for a headwind and hope for the best.

Good luck!

BTW, I see that there is a South-North-South record but not a West-East-West record. Try to do that and you're guaranteed a record.