View Single Post
Old 03-29-08, 09:50 AM
Scummer
Genetics have failed me

Bikes: Norwid Aaland, Radon Slide 140, Elom 505 Titan, Dahon mju, Pedalforce CX1, Battaglin Power+, Old MTB and lots of spare parts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts
I'm not really big as I'm just barely scratching the clydesdale scale at 208lbs at 6'.
But before I moved to the US where I started an easy lifestyle and worked at the desk 40 hours a week, sometimes 60-70 hours a week and had crappy lunch food in all those fast food dinners, I was 170lbs.
Back in the homeland I rode my bike every week and easily averaged 100-200 miles a week. I was lean, muscular (I miss my 6 pack) and nicely built. I want that back and have started to cycle in a serious manner middle of last year again. Put down a few centuries and rode my bike almost daily after I got home from work. I dropped nicely to 195lbs. Winter came around and now I'm back at 208 where I started last year. Gaaahhh.

So this year I added some new exercise, I bought some rollers which I have started to use since January almost daily and I'll be doing the Tuesday night races every week to get completely wasted and hopefully expense enough energy during the race so my weight will drop without having to watch my food intake too much as I'm still going out for lunch. Working in the IT field sux for the wasteline big time.

I try to eat mostly fruit and veggies but it ain't easy to keep it that way.

This forum is great because we are all moving in the same direction and pull on the same rope, to lose weight and attain a healthy lifestyle. That's what makes this subforum so great!

Thomas