Old 03-29-08, 11:13 AM
Gilzean

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie - Downtube or Swift?

Hi All,

This is my first post…I know there are hundreds of posts on what bike to choose but was wondering if anyone can push me in the right direction based on my requirement? I know nothing about bikes other than how to ride one and have been looking for a folding commuter bike for a couple of weeks, I have it narrowed down to a downtube FS or swift. My price point is $300 to $700 I would like quality for my money.

I will be riding a total of around 8 miles a day 5 days a week (bike 3miles – train – bike 1mile) then back again, I like downtube mainly because of price, reviews, Yan seems like a nice guy and because it’s one of the better looking bikes available in my price range. I like the Swift because it looks good, tough and the guy who started it also seems like a good guy (although he sold it off to Xootr). Bike Friday are too expensive and I don’t like Dahon cause they are the big player in the game. (these are my personal opinions and I’m not looking for a fight about them). I’m not really worried about weight…

I like the idea of biking a bit more and once I buy one I’ll probably bike a little on the weekend and maybe enter a couple of short triathlons.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Can someone send me a link to the ‘downtube mega thread’ so I can see some pics and read more? (I have tried looking but can’t find it)

Thanks..