Old 03-30-08, 06:50 AM
Tabagas_Ru
`

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skiracing
Just wondering if any of you have ever cycled in that area? I was on a long drive last summer on the road that goes by Bon Echo and thought to myself it might be a nice to cycle on it... it gets a bit twisty in a number of sections and there are some nice hills.

So yeah, would be nice to hear from an1 who has done it or knows anything about it, I'm just wondering if it is something I'd enjoy and so on? I was thinking of doing a camping trip this summer with some friends and bringing my road bike to take advantage of the road.
I rode to Bon Echo park from Ottawa 11 years ago. I don't remember much except that I did not have a hard time riding around there. It was an enjoyable part of the tour, I will have to try and locate my old maps to tell you the roads that I rode on.

I stayed at the park overnight, and it was your typical car camping experience, except I was on a bike. The people were good and I did not feel like my gear was at risk of theft. I even went for a short hike around there and left my bike unattended at the park.

In general that part of Ontario is rally good for riding, the scenery is nice and I did not have many problems with motorists. It was 11 years ago so things may have changed since then.