View Single Post
Old 03-30-08, 07:53 PM
dobovedo
simply bikin'

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Roubaix Pro; 2009 Specialized Tricross Sport; 2009 Specialized Rockhopper 29er Comp; 2006 Flyte Arsenal; 2001 Bianchi Reparto Corse Boron XL; 2007 Raleigh One Way; 1986 Raleigh Alyeska Touring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robertkat
Actually this is a perfectly valid thread for this forum. I'll tell you why. I bought one a couple weeks ago and haven't touched my other bikes since. I love it. Sure it's not a lightweight, but so what. It's comfy as hell, the bars especially are nice old rando-style drops. This is also the first time a bone stock bike has a frame that fits me nearly dead on perfect. It's got mounts for fenders and carriers front and rear, room for wide tires. If you want a SS/FG for long distance or light touring, this is the bike, IMO. I'm not too fond of the stock wheels (heavy rims and spokes) but it uses formula hubs - smooth as butter. It's pretty nice for the cost and what it is. Since it has the braze-ons, you can gear it up if you want.
Hey, awesome reply. Since I'm considering one I was curious to see what it would be like to ride a flat century on it. I'll be doing Hancock Horizontal Hundred in Findlay Ohio in the fall and riding with my sister, who's a few notches below me on skill level. It will be her first century (maybe second if I can talk her into an earlier one. HHH is one of the flatest centuries in Ohio (the only hills are highway overpasses), so she wants to use it as a training ride for Ironman FLA (also flat). I figured I'd ride it on the SS (assuming I've purchased by then).

Zonker, even though I ride centuries by the dozen and venture into this forum on occasion, I also... *gasp* COMMUTE! And you're right... the Masi is fairly highly thought of in that forum as well, which is my primary reason for buying one.