asmallsol
Cat3.*....Cat2

Bikes: A lot.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MSU/UofM Race weekend report

MSU road race was a 4 mile loop, shaped like a big rectangle. One of the long legs was a dirt road, and since its spring, the road was wet and muddy. For the start, we began at the beginning of the dirt road. When they said start, we really didn't and just chit chatted down the road at a really slow pace (like 10-14 mph) When we hit the pavement, speeds increased to normal speeds. However for the rest of the race, when we hit the dirt road, we sped up. Turns out, contrary to popular belief, carbon fiber mixed with a 16 spoke front wheel will not explode when rode extremely hard on very nasty dirt/muddy roads, however it will rattle your bottle cages loose. Ended up 5th

UofM crit. Really fun course with alot of climbing and turns. I was towards the front when on the last lap, 2 guys broke off after the climb. I was in the position to chase, but thought they would get caught. Turns out they didn't, and they finished 1-2 and there was a sprint for 3rd and up. Finished 7th.

The ITT was on a super hilly course. When I showed up, they said that everything was delayed a half an hour, so I planned my warmup accordingly. Right before I am finished with it a UofM rider comes up and asks if I had raced yet, and say no. He says its last call. (WTF) so I get to the line, and they tell me they changed the course form out and back to just out. 3.6 mile alot of climbing. I left it all out there, but since results aren't posted yet, I'm not sure of my placeing. I had fun.

Last edited by asmallsol; 03-31-08 at 02:23 PM.