Old 03-31-08, 08:40 PM
taxi777
Wheres my snuggie?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigbossman
I usually SAG for this ride, and I gotta say that there are enough bikes and cars on the route already without adding to it. I know it is a public roadway and you are free to do what you like, but if your group happens to come into a knotted up bunch of registered Cinderella riders going the opposite way (and there will be SEVERAL), you'll make things a lot more difficult than they have to be. Not to mention dangerous - on places such as Highland Road which has a lot of traffic, even on the weekend.

Do what you like, have fun, and be safe. But I think it's a bad idea. The CHP actively patrols this ride for safety and assistance, and are a great help. But they will take note if there are "complications", and that could affect permits for future rides.
After weighing the Pro's and Con's and the current climate between Bikes and drivers combined with hostilities towards cycling in general from a lot of communities, with out judgment towards anyone I respectfully backout.... Boy! that was a long sentence...