Old 04-01-08, 09:52 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rollerdavem
I agree, It probably is pretty big, and I know the shipping weight is 280 lbs, so I better let em do it right.

$4151 is a fair bit to spend, I'd like it unbroken!

Me and my Beck went down and made the garage MUCH nicer. My ex-houseguest's dog crate got cleaned out and folded up two nights ago (she kept a dog crated in my garage for SIX MONTHS!)...

Now we have a nice rug and all is ready.

Jordan, the eager helper has decided my couch is the place to crash, tomorrow is the day!

RD
280lb shipping weight seems a little high, depending on what they ship it in, might be a crate of some kind, with an integral skid built into the bottom. Now sometimes actual weight and shipping weights are different, for a couple of reasons. Sometimes the shipping weight is a dimensional weight in that large but light boxes take up a lot more space, so to compensate the carrier computes a weight based on the size, strangely enough 3 carriers will come up with 3 different dimensional weights on the same box. Sometimes there are breakpoints in shipping weights, it's often cheaper to ship 100lbs then it is 99lbs, so shippers will declare a 99lb box as 100lbs.