Old 04-04-08, 01:10 PM
skanking biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Message to State Farm:

To whom it may concern:

I recently received a letter from State Farm asking me to switch my auto insurance over to State Farm to save money. I was thinking about doing so until recently when I saw your commercial mocking people who commute to work via bicycle. I found this add to be insulting and distasteful. The add only perpetuates the stereotypes that people who ride their bikes to work are losers, poor, and can't afford a car. As someone who owns a car but also uses their bike often as a means of transportation to work, I will NOT be switching my auto insurance to State Farm. Believe it or not, many people who own cars (even professionals like myself!) bike to work for a number of reasons----to get fit, save money on gas, and/or help the environment. Given your other set of commercials touting State Farm as the "ethical," "do the right thing," "responsible" insurance company, I find it highly ironic you would run an advertisement mocking people for doing the same. At a time when society is concerned with fitness, helping the environment, and reducing dependence on cars, I can't believe your marketing department improved your add. Good Day.