Old 04-04-08, 02:07 PM
masiman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by HillRider
Absolutely correct but the current discussion isn't about economics, it's about mechanical expertise. My take is that the OP doesn't have the experience or tools to conduct the project she is proposing.
Ya, agreed. I was only offering it as a "full disclosure". She did mention buying tools and that there was no rush. I was not sure if she had zeroed in on a particular classic gotta have ride or just wanted her next ride to be nice and also wanted to make it a full on mechanic experience. In any case kudos to her. I only meant to let her know about what she could expect with the different avenues after the mechanic skills are addressed. I.e. does she want to risk potential mistakes on a nice ride, or learn on a beater for cheap.

Originally Posted by globe9
Am I making it too simple? Is is possible to build a bike this way? I do realize I'll have to invest in tools and a stand and I'm prepared to do that. I'm also in no rush to build this bike, like I said, it would be a hobby and eventually I hope I end up with a sweet product.

Thanks to all for any advice suggestions!