View Single Post
Old 04-04-08, 06:54 PM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mlcout07
David: Like a stupid person I brought the key home with me, I should have left it with my friend. It would have scared me to leave the key in the lock when it is in the back of a Studentenwohnheim and someone may have noticed that it never moved and taken it for a spin and never come back.

StephenH: ... You know what? I never really thought of that. I might have my friend contact the store that I got it from and have her ask. Thank you for the suggestion!

Aaron: The lock is built-into the bike and isn't a chain. If only it was!
They can still be cut off...been there done that! I bought a nondescript European bike as part of a storage locker sale, it had been locked using the wheel lock and the key was god only knows where, cut the lock off with a mini grinder, then unbolted the remains. I currently have 2 bikes with them, and at least one more with the mounting points for it.

I vote for getting the bike, then worrying about the lock. BTW didn't it come with 2 keys?

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon