Old 04-05-08, 02:59 AM
trek830

Bikes: Trek 830 18" frame => Mavic X517 ceramic rims | XT RD | XTR FD | LX Canti's | SRAM Atacck shifters | SRAM SG850 11-30 Casette | Vetta Transverse AT saddle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cadfael
You may need to move your saddle back on the rails to achieve a better weight distribution on the seat... .
Interestingly enough I had the saddle all the way back on the rails, and was getting terrible knee pain. Then I started reading about saddle position and now I have pushed more forward so my knee lines up over the spindle of the pedal. I also adjusted the pitch and find dead neutral to be the most comfortable, I tried to tilt it up a little bit and that put pressure in the wrong area.

One of the main problems I'm having I just can't really find a comfortable spot on the saddle. It feels like I may be sitting to far forward on the saddle, but if I reach back my butt is all the way back on the saddle.

Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver
You have a nice bike and perhaps your seating needs have changed a little since you last saddled up.
Thank's it's starting to take shape finally, I still want to get a better crank and BB...I've put about 2,000 miles on this stock one and the BB is slipping occasionally.