Old 04-07-08, 11:16 AM
rhong

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for all the info, end up with a Trek Pure Sport

Thanks for all your helpful information. During my research I found a friend that had bought an Electra Townie last year. Due to back surgery he hasn't been able to ride a bike in 20 years without pain in his back and hips, until he rode a Townie. So I looked into the "flat foot" style crank forward biles.

Found out one of my catalog choices was the Trek Pure Sport. It had all the goodies the Townie had and then some. FedX delivered it Saturday.

I'm really impressed with Treks' quality. They say they assemble and test the bikes before the shipped them and based on my experience with reassembly that has to be true. It took me about an hour to put the seat, handle bars and front wheel back on and all the alignments seem to be perfect. I'm sure I'm going to need to tweak the seat and handle bar height and reach adjustment some from from my initial ride up and down the driveway (long driveway) I already know I'm going to like riding this bike.

From info I got from the forum I got concerned that the big tires on the Navigaotor would make it too slow on the road. The Pure Sport comes with smaller Bontrager Cruiser tires in 26 x 1.90" @ 60 psi, 21 speed with supposedly higher quality components than the Townie. It's a good looking bike. The wife's is suppose to be delivered this week. Thanks again for all your help.