Bikes: It has two wheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sherbornpeddler
JohnKScott! Wow Wow!
Nice going.
Right through winter. Do you do other exercise than bike? Obviously a combination but what percent do you attribute your success to exercise and what to diet?
Hehe...thanks.

Mostly cycling. Although I swim once in a while (wanted to do a sprint triathlon this summer but probably can't register for the one I want...so I may just do my own "unofficial tri). I was on the trainer all winter. Tried to ride 5 days a week and get outside on weekends when nice enough. Usually got in 4-6 hours of training a week plus some core exercise. I really tried to target my training toward intensity since I only had a short amount of time (5AM to 6 AM) for most of my workouts. So I did a lot of time trial/interval type stuff mixed with recovery and tempo stuff and days off. I also tracked my calories and just ate sensibly. Didn't really limit myself that much. Just didn't gorge myself like I can have a tendency to do sometimes .

At some point the weight loss became only a secondary goal. My primary goal was to become more fit and increase my power, speed and stamina on the bike. That's really taken over, but it's still fun to watch the weight come down a little each month. Especially when the power numbers are going up at the same time.

Your chart didn't look all that bad. Just a little winter hibernation . You'll get rid of it again! If you looked at my overall where I started 12 years ago (at about 250 or so) there are some deeper peaks and valleys than that!